We receive a lot of good information from various sources and wanted to compile some of them for you to help your board and community. The following is a compilation of HOA and Condo Coronavirus Resources: Webinars, Articles, Sample Letters and More.
Most of our info comes in from different chapters and the main office of Community Association Institute as well as HOALeader.com. Here they are:
- Coronavirus and Communities Webinar – Monday March 23rd at 1-2pm EST
More info and Register Here
Join CAI New England on Monday, March 23rd from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm for this webinar that will address the questions being posed by community association residents, board members, professional managers and industry business partners in all our New England chapter states.
Panelists will address questions and best practices in a number of areas including:
- Community Association Response
- Communication with Residents
- Disinfecting Common Areas
- Role & Responsibility of Association Boards & Residents
- COVID-19 and Your HOA – Monday March 23rd at 2-3 EST
A Free Update for HOA and Condo Boards on How to Navigate and Prepare for Operational Challenges in Your Community from the Coronavirus by HOALeader.com
Previously Recorded Webinar:
Community Association Institute (CAI)/ CCAL Presents Corona Virus & Community Associations Q&A (previously recorded March 19th) Presenters: David Graf, Esq., CCAL and Matt Ober, Esq., CCAL
Fast forward to 20 min mark as there were technical difficulties
Sample Letter to Inform Residents
In an effort to assist our members with communicating best practices to help prevent the spread of the virus, CAI has developed a sample letter to inform residents of the steps your community may take to address the COVID-19 outbreak. The letter addresses association operations—cleaning, common areas and amenities, meetings and events, social distancing, and staffing—and what the association may do if residents contract COVID-19.
You are encouraged to customize the letter to your community association’s needs, filling in the appropriate details (see bracketed and highlighted areas) or picking and choosing certain sections that apply in your community.
Below are new resources and information that CAI has compiled that we hope to be of help. Main Resource Page:
- HOAResources article:With an increased risk of contracting #COVID-19, communities are taking action to slow the spread of the virus from person to person by minimizing close or frequent interactions. #HOAresources shows how #HOAs & #condos should be practicing #socialdistancing. >>https://bit.ly/33nFAHw
- HOAResources article:HOA boards: Know how respond to disruption in association business due to the coronavirus outbreak. Be prepared. Have a plan. Protect your community with these five steps. >>https://bit.ly/2wtsUCL
- Blog: As the #COVID-19 outbreak spreads, community association leaders are stressing the importance of following guidance from the @CDC and practicing social distancing to ensure continuity of operations and residents’ safety. >> https://blog.caionline.org/how-community-associations-are-addressing-covid-19/
Centers for Disease Control Info
For more information on how to protect yourself and those around you, please visit the CDC website to view their FAQ on COVID-19.
And you can check out our post on: “Are Remote Services for Condos and HOAs the New Normal after Coronavirus?”